Thursday 9 June 2016

About me and this blog


Hello everybody,


I have decided to start up yet another blog (see my RP blog Journalist). This time, I wanted to focus on something that has been with me since the launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic. Over time, I have been more or less forced to change my main progression character multiple times to better help the particular team I was a part of, but my Guardian has always remained my true main character.
For the record, I have experience with progressing top-tier content as a Vigilance Guardian, Gunnery Commando, Seer Sage, Sawbones Scoundrel and Kinetic Combat Shadow. I also play a lot of other specs, I take them to SM / HM operations, but I wouldn't consider myself getting 100% out of them.

Back at launch, however, I started off as tank. I had played WoW for about 4 years which was enough to figure out that as a tank I would get into groups faster because there aren't that many tanks around. That premise proved to be true and I had been tanking until the arrival of Explosive Conflict. It was at that time when I first swapped my main spec to Vigilance and absolutely fell in love with it.

Since then, I have tried tanking and playing the Focus spec in both PvE and PvP, but none of it really did it for me and I always went back to Vigilance and experienced joy combined with relief. These days, I'm pretty sure Vigilance will remain my No.1 spec across all my Legacy.

So here I am, creating a new blog dedicated purely to Vigilance. My intention is to create three main sections:
1) Practical things; i.e. gearing, stats distribution, rotation, abilities, etc.
2) Useful tips and tricks; i.e. particular boss tactics, group utility, uptime, etc.
3) Random rant about Vigilance related stuff, which is self-explanatory.

I hope you will find my blog useful, be it for practical or just entertainment reasons.

Thank you for stopping by!

Remain vigilant!

No comments:

Post a Comment